Education Security Consultants | Security Risk Assessments for Schools
As experienced education security consultants, we understand that security risk assessments are an integral aspect of a school’s security risk management practices. With over two decades of industry experience, our security audits take a holistic approach to the security and safety of your institution, students, staff, property, school and college assets.
We analyse over 215 elements when evaluating your campus from a security risk perspective. Our process is very comprehensive.
Most security risk assessments in schools and universities are generally conducted every two years.
With RiskDynamyx, our assessments are continuous.
This means that after your onsite review is conducted and your report is completed, your risk rating and data is continuously updated in your personalised dashboard.
As soon as something changes in your environment, you are immediately alerted.
You don’t have to wait another two years before your next risk assessment.
Monitoring Threat Levels
Every day we are monitoring your local environment for change. This includes crime rates, neighbourhood movements and the national terrorism threat levels.
This process has completely changed the way security risk assessments are conducted in Australian schools and educational institutions and it allows Principals, school and university leaders complete visibility over the safety and security of their property and people, continuously.
RiskDynamyx offers enormous value to a School’s business continuity management. The predictive and analytical technology can help our education clients become more proactive around potential external threats and assist in building a more holistic effective security risk management plan.
Read more: Why RiskDynamyx?
Security Risk Assessments for Schools – What’s Covered
Some of the things we cover include:
- Physical security of the property – including doors and locks etc
- Intruder detection systems and their effectiveness
- Electronic security – CCTV systems and their effectiveness
- Electronic access control systems and their effectiveness
- Security patrols and alarm response processes and their effectiveness
- Crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED) – how are you using your environment to increase natural surveillance?
- Lighting – placement, positioning and its effectiveness
- Emergency management policies and procedures
- Critical incident management such as lock-down procedures
- On-site risk management practices and programs
- Incident reporting
- Visitor management
Read More: How does it work?
We undertake reviews in accordance with the following standards:
- Security Risk Management Toolbox – Independent Schools Victoria
- ISO 31000 Risk Management Standards Australia HB 167: 2006 Security Risk Management
- Australian Standards AS 4421 – Guards and Patrols
- Australian Standards AS 3745 – Building Evacuation
- AS/NZS 2201.1:2007 Intruder Alarm Systems – Client’s Premises-Design, Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance
- AS 2201.2-2004 Intruder Alarm Systems – Monitoring Centres
- AS 2201.3-1991 Intruder Alarm Systems – Detection Devices for Internal Use
- AS/NNZS 2201.5:2008 Intruder Alarm Systems – Alarm Transmission Systems
- AS/NZS 3000:2007 Wiring Rules
Some of the education institutions we have worked with:
Other businesses we have experience working with: